Heavy Duty Mechanic
Red Lake Madsen Mine LTD.
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Mining Supervisor, the successful candidate will work on a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off rotation and safely install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair underground mining equipment and provide overall production target support for the Red Lake Madsen Mine.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or lead other employees to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Other duties as assigned, which may change over the course of the project
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or equivalent work experience
- Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic or Heavy-Duty Technician qualifications considered an asset
- Underground common core modules
- Be physically fit to work underground
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous underground mining experience
****Must be able to Provide the Following: *****
– Clean Criminal Record Check
Handling heavy loads, physically demanding, attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, standing for extended periods of time. Bending, crouching, and kneeling.
West Red Lake Gold Mines is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org