Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Mine General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising maintenance staff, overseeing general building and property, mining & support equipment, and the Beneficiation Mill maintenance, service and repair. The Superintendent will maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems and equipment, and coordinate the day to day operation of the maintenance department. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of WRLG’s production objectives.
The focus of this role will include:
• Contribute to creating a positive culture across the company
• Manage and supervise the maintenance staff, and ensure that all requisite tasks are handled quickly and efficiently within budget restraints.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and facility’s equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service. • May be required to also perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, supervise replace or repair parts, tests and adjustments.
• Ensure preventive maintenance is completed on machines, equipment and facilities. • Comply with safety regulations and pertinent electrical codes, etc.
• Involved in all aspects of asset maintenance requirements including new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
• Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
• Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
• Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department. • Requisition work to be completed through Purchasing.
• Ensure staff orientation and training & development.
• Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly. • Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties.
• Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
• Prepare monthly reports and budget.
• Other Duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Trade and related college diploma • A minimum of 15 years of management experience with mine, mill or beneficiary operations in a mining environment.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing • Ability to multi task and establish priorities
• Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment • Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
• Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
• Strong communication and problem solving skills
• Excellent time management and project management skills
• High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
****Must be able to Provide the Following: *****
– Clean Criminal Record Check
Red Lake Madsen Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org